Sunday, November 2, 2008

Diving Heritage

For my first post I wanted to find something interesting to start my blog off. In the search for a great Heritage Museum to focus on I found Diving Heritage.   This website boasts itself as the world's largest virtual diving helmet museum.  There are interesting videos to look at, all kinds of diving artifacts and the history of diving heritage.   The founders of the site, Burt and Karen Dodde, wanted to preserve the history for others to share. Their mission is "Diving Heritage intends to bring a tribute to all involved in the development of professional diving from the day it started and into the future."  Diving Heritage intends to share the knowledge of professional diving with everybody on earth, both divers and non-divers for now and future generations." Finding this site really expanded my idea of what Heritage museums can be all about.  Come back to find out what other great Heritage museums I find and definitely check out the link to the virtual diving helmet museum.  Let me know what you think of the idea of "heritage" and what you thought of the virtual museum! Thanks!





1 comment:

Cindy O. said...

That is so cool that you found this museum! One has to be quite a fanatic to create a diving heritage museum but it's great. I watched the diving in oil movie and the first thing that happened was that I thought there was a sea monster coming out of the oil. Must have watched too many Halloween movies. And then I started to wonder, why would you wanna go dive in oil?
I am interested to see what other heritage museums you find, bring em on!